Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. Guns_i10
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. Guns_i10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» We need U guys
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 11:35 am by RAPTOR

» Bringing Back D-Coy
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 11:43 pm by {25}AICPTAS_PL

» Master Server down
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 10:03 am by Ivor Cutler

» hi gusssssssss
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 6:18 am by RAPTOR

» Server down
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am by RAPTOR

» hi all;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:06 pm by privatejoker

» HI ALL ONE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 am by RAPTOR

» server failure fixed
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 am by old dutchy

» Were always here to help...tweak things...
Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 am by privatejoker

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. Empty
PostSubject: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 am

Dear Admin,

Self death through inadvertent spawn killing is pretty frustrating for players genuinely trying to avoid spawn killing, especially as one also dies for inadvertently shooting team members spawning as well.

I take exception this evening at being booted for spawn killing by G. I was, I thought defending a building. In pursuance of this defense I was moving between floors and was completely unaware the opposing team was spawning at the same location in a different position.

Bit heavy handed I thought as I have played on your server for over a year now. Never been booted before as I mistakingly felt that until this evening I may have been regarded a fair and respectful player.

tNoy withstanding this, thank you for being my host for the hundreds of hours I have played. Much appreciated.

I have met some super players on here, nice personalities transcending the web through game play. Particularly, Kalter Finger. Have fun and 'hasta luego!'. To Pvt Diealot: Thank you for sharing your talented maps with me. Superb! Well enjoyed them.

Time for me to resign my spare time from this DCOY server.

All the very best to you all.

James :-)

aka @ DCOY: The Cat, Princey & Lugar
Back to top Go down
Geordie
Senior Dcoy
Senior Dcoy
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hi princey,

Dont take it to heart - I kicked you for killing me while spawning - it spoilt ur score and as a regular player you shoudl know by now to watch for spawns - if u see one leave the area. On that mapo I was killed eight times two steps from spawn - It seems that unless I sit and spectate constantly - most players think it ok to camp around spawns, shoot into spawns, launcher nade spawns and frankly im getting sick of it.

I dealt out a couple of month bans to people a few months ago - things improved for a little while - but has slipped into me perhaps handing out a few more.

I know spawn killing by accident can ahppen - if it is a new player then i try to advise them of their rule breaks.

I had already kicked smiley face guy and warned that I would be kicking spawn killers.

Like ive said dont run away from your enjoment of a good server - just if u accidentally spawn kill apologise for it.

And I do respect you as a fair and good player - I had to warn Baldrick the other night who also has my respect - but sometimes we need a refresher course on what we are doing.

Geordie.
Back to top Go down
Kuato

Kuato

Location : im here im there im every +&%£@#ng where except home.

PostSubject: Re: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 pm

The cat like G says dont take it personally its not easy trying to admin and keep everybody happy. Kicking people who we think are deliberately spawn killing is something we do as it resets their score to zero. Bloody annoying ( I think you will agree ) when you get stuck in spawn by players that are only thinking of how high they can score. We get all the excuses under the sun for spawn killing

1 I didint know they were there (even though they just been killed there 3 times before)

2 I dont know where the spawns were (after repeatedly running to it)

3 Its not spawn killing I waited till the protection wore off (yeah thats going to work)

But like you and G says mistakes can happen dont let it ruin your game, never had any trouble with you before and there arent that many players we can say that about.
Back to top Go down
Geordie
Senior Dcoy
Senior Dcoy
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 am

I have to be able to punish players as I see fit - we have rules and must enforce them.

I have been kicked before by other Admins on other servers - its nothing personal - its just a tactic to make you realise you have done something wrong.

Maybe I should have just burned you or mortared you - but like ive said Regular players shoud know all the rules by playing on DCOY a year - they must have seen me countless times say "if you see spawn back off and leave the area".

Let me Admin as I see fit - otherwise DCOY would be full of Hackers, Constant Spawn killing and not a nice place to play.

One kick for a year is a blinking good average - keep it up and Il see you in game.

Geordie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mediation.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Admins,

without a doubt you are good admins. The attention you have given my message is clear and indisputable proof of this. Thank you.

Usually one knows when one is in or observing a spawn area. The white crosses serve as a sufficient warning. In the instance I was kicked I did not observe any white crosses whatsoever. I was having a very enjoyable skirmish in the confines of a building against Raptor who naturally after being whacked 3 times by me in as many minutes was determined to de-pixelate me.

I appreciate your efforts to explain, appreciated. I suspect the spawn situation will be a constant source of problem to the administrator. Managing it in a circumspect and perpetually fair manner I feel is probably impossible.

In summary, I will be as vigilant as possible and desesitze my knee jerk reactions in future.

Respects.

James The Cat.

Back to top Go down
Geordie
Senior Dcoy
Senior Dcoy
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 am

And maybe I need to be a little more tolerent of Players who build up a good reputation like yourself - itwas just an unfortunate situation and was a culmination of a lot of spawn killing that we had goin on.

We are advertising for more admins so that we are not so reliant on having to sit in spec admining all the time.

Why not put your name forward - I know you as the Cat - did not recognise you as Princey altho I have seen Princey on quite a bit.

Admins as well as players are only human and do our best for the players like yourself.

We should be making an anouncement on a new Admin soon - and another is in discussions - add your name in and who knows - even if you dont make an admin this time - you may be considered in the future as things are always changing.

Geordie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.   Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawn Killing Rules. Time to leave DCOY.
Page 1 of 1